6/8/11

News for the Internet: I do not Not have a mobile phone.

I am sick to death of mobile content and the big existential stink about that shit. It's not going to end the world if people start having Pavlovian responses to touchscreens and ringtones. If anything we can construct an industry on that business, which is good, because our current vacuum economy is starting to sump. Whaddup?

Here on the internet you get a lot of offers to use, say, some useless app on your mobile device. Mobile devices (will we even call them phones without any sense of irony in 20 years?) already do all kinds of shit. But as I log into my account here I get news that something will look great in my mobile. I guess I owe it to the 3.4 people who have viewed this blog once with a mobile phone to ensure it looks good on a tiny screen when you could probably be talking to the people you're with, watching the road, interpreting your surroundings, or facing an uncomfortable situation bravely.

I'm hardly even in step or in touch or in contact with my generation, but they look at their phones enough times each day that you could harness that action for enough electricity to power their electronics with energy left to sell into the grid. If we do enough little things like this we could eventually create localized, public, energy markets. Maybe just electricity, but we can do things with electricity now.

Anyways I'm tired of mobile content. Give it up, internet. You and I both know I'm not on my phone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment